Saturday, 31 December 2016

My year in review and engagement !

Hi guys,

I have been so slack with the blog lately but for a very good reason because this Christmas I got engaged !!!


I don't usually do life pieces on the blog but I realise that there may be some people who could benefit from what I have to say today. 2016 has been an amazing year for me and when I think of how far I have come since 2015 its pretty amazing. Actually I had been in pain for 3 years.

In 2015, I was going through chronic pain, my life was pretty hard at that time. I hadn't been able to go to college for months was studying at home trying to scrape by. I hadn't seen friends in about 3 months and I spent my 20th birthday at home with my boyfriend too sore to even talk most of the time. I was just a shell of a person. The hardest part was the never knowing if I would ever get rid of the pain I mean on a scale of 1 to 10 it as definitely a 10 !! I ended up on a list of medications as long as my arm including morphine. The physical and mental effect that has on a person is so hard beyond belief. I was really struggling to cope day in and day out. My family and boyfriend were always by my side. I was very lucky , eventually I started physio for a shoulder injury (which was the cause of the pain), my tablets started to be reduced and I made it back to college.

Trying to go back to normal life as a 20 year old was hard and at times nerve wrecking. Would I be in pain once I got to college, could I make plans or would my pain make me cancel. Slowly I started to be able to plan more and I got to see my friends and even make new friends along the way.

My boyfriend was my rock throughout all of this ! He spent days with me were we didn't even talk we just watched TV in silence, he understood when I had to cancel dates, or how I missed a lot of family events we should have been going to together. Not to mention the stress watching someone you love in pain day in and day out. But he was there every step of the way.

Christmas is a big deal in my family my mam has had the tree up since November 7th and it won't come down until January 8th. For us Christmas is a time to be together and for us to appreciate everything that has happened in the past year. This year for me was extra special because it as the day my long term love of 7 years asked me to marry him of course I said yes !! So this year I am extra thankful for the opportunities I have been given.

The moral of the story is even when everything is going wrong and you struggle to keep going just know that something incredible is waiting for all of us and maybe we need the hard times to really appreciate the incredible moments life affords us !!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Michaela







2 comments:

  1. It must have been so difficult for you during those 3 years. It's amazing how you tried to keep up with your college work and at the same time deal with your chronic pain.I always find time to read your posts on this blog from which some were very helpful to me and I'm sure to other readers as well! :) I'm so happy for you now that you got engaged!! You must have been so happy on that day~ you're sure lucky to have someone like your boyfriend. Even though 2016 was a good year for you, I hope 2017 will be even better and all the years to follow! I wish you and your family, a Happy New Year full of joy and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I am so happy to hear that you have been able to use some of my posts. I really do write about stuff i wish i had known when i started college. I hope 2017 is your best year yet. You just made my day.

    ReplyDelete