Never done a lab write up before ? Or maybe you have but your not getting the results you want. This is what an A+ student puts into each lab write up.
First of all you need to state exactly what experiment you are doing and what you expect to happen ?
Label everything !!
- Exact procedure
Know your exact measurements.
- Know how to convert measurements. ( Eg kilograms to grams, cm to metres)
- Know the accuracy of your measuring equipment. (Eg +- 0.005cm for pippete.)
- Weigh all samples in grams.
What can affect your experiment ?
There are inside and outside factors which can contribute to the accuracy of your experiment.
- Temperature and pressure are outside factors.
- Chemical reactions occurring within a sample are inside factors.
Record everything !!!!
- Colour changes.
- Does it dissolve.
Finally what is the conclusion ?
What results did you get ? Did it work as you thought it would ? What can you derive from this ?
Note: The most important thing to do is note if something went wrong and the conclusions this would have on the experiment.